Saturday, January 8, 2011

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

After I've taken some time to decompress and reflect, I will offer an apology to all who are reading this blog. As many of you may know, I am quite opinionated, and have had some things to say regarding this case competition. It is never my intent to offend anyone or show disrespect, and if I have done either, I sincerely apologize. If you are still reading on, maybe I can shed some light on this experience here in Montreal.

Still with me? Good, thank you for continuing. This week has been a constant pressure cooker environment. Your down time is when you are sleeping, and if you're anything like me, you need some time to yourself to reflect, debrief and unwind. Unfortunately, this is a luxury that you aren't afforded here. The schedule is rigorous and demanding - you are expected to be ON all the time - unfortunately, many of my comments were reactionary, and at some times waspish. So now, I say to myself, "open mouth, insert foot." At least I brought enough shoes to choose from...

This week has been an amazing experience, filled with laughter and tears, and I am truly honored to a part of an incredible and supportive team. We will go to the finals this afternoon, where UPBS (Portugal), Kaiserslautern (Germany) and Queen's (Canada) will face off. I'll let you know the final results later, and once again, I do apologize if I've managed to offend anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Stop! You did not say anything wrong as we all know your kind heart would never mean to say something to offend or harm someone. Personally, I found your perspectives to be quite hillarious and thoroughly enjoyed reading them! You writing was a better remedy to my health than the drugs that my doctors have been giving me! Congratulations & see you soon!

    ReplyDelete